- But Nobody Did | Little Fiction
- Bring It On Home to Me *** | WhiskeyPaper
- Number-One Earthly Reason | Sundog Lit
- Love Me Tender | Counterexample Poetics
- I Guess That Makes It Alright | Counterexample Poetics
- A Very Tiny Bowl of Frosted Flakes | Hobart
- Beetroot** | Sundog Lit
- Monologue | Storm Cellar
- Ants | Smokelong Quarterly
- Shelter * | WhiskeyPaper
- The Gulf | Bluestem
- Night * | Necessary Fiction
- Nightcrawler | Storychord
* Nominated for 2013 storySouth Million Writers Award
** Wigleaf’s Top 50 for 2014 longlist
*** Nominated for a Pushcart Prize
I love scenes that shift every night. I love being in heated familiar arguments and clear-eyed monologues and quiet scenes where barely anyone speaks and loud mayhem with slamming doors. I love quick changes barely offstage and when stage lights look like sunlight and I love the sound of the audience quieting when the play begins and I love all of it, all of it.
Recent film acting
- Susan in Super Amazing Man vs. Dr. Evil for Pens to Lens
- Inquisitive fan in Writer's Block for Pens to Lens
- Wanda in Wanda and Pickles Discover the Earth by Anne Lukeman for Pens to Lens
- Theresa in Sister and Brother (web series) by Shut Up & Do It Productions
- Liz in Sunshine by Andrew Gleason for Pens to Lens
- Customer in Big Baby for Dallas & Co. by Sleepy Creek Studios
- Mary (VO) in Dark Watch by QuantumCat Animation
- Jess in David and Jess Are Jerks. They Also Have Superpowers. by Kill Vampire Lincoln Productions
- Goo Servant (VO) in The Goo Party by AJ Christensen for Pens to Lens
- Anderson in Office Lifeguard for Coppertone by Sleepy Creek Studios
- Claire in The Thinking Molecules of Titan by Forced Perspective Entertainment
- Janey in The Light by Tim Meyers
- Georgette in Scary Normal by Hot Diggity Productions
Recent onstage acting
- Aimee in The Night Alive by Conor McPherson / Station Theatre
- Director, The Gospel According to Thomas Jefferson, Charles Dickens and Count Leo Tolstoy: Discord by Scott Carter / Station Theatre
- Alex in A Kid Like Jake by Daniel Pearle / Station Theatre
- Nina in Vanya and Sonia and Masha and Spike by Christopher Durang
I was born in 1983. I grew up with my parents and little brother on a corn and soybean farm in rural Illinois.
I loved reading in the grass and watching the trees. I was a member of a small theatre where kids learned to put on theatre by doing Shakespeare and ancient Greek plays. I loved the internet. I loved Bust magazine and Ani DiFranco. I loved driving in the country with the windows down and all the gravel dust swirling in.
I'm married to a musician named Larry. We have a teenage son and two cats. My little brother died. I'm close with my parents.
I'm a member of the Celebration Company at the Station Theatre, where I've directed once but I still dig acting the most. I got a creative writing MFA. I'm the content strategist at Pixo, a woman-owned digital agency in downtown Urbana.
I still love all the same things. I still get onstage to do Shakespeare. Still stay up late to read. Still roll down the windows.
Oh, and I make good Spotify playlists every month if you want to listen.